This recipe is a very old and traditional middle eastern and really a tasty one. All you need to do is to learn the trick of how to hold the meat mince on the skewers. You can change the ingredients according to your taste and can make it less spicy but the traditional taste of skewer kebab is a bit hot that’s why usually it’s taken with cumin yogurt or veggie yogurt as a sideline. Enjoy!
Beef Skewer Kebab with Veggie Yogurt
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Medium
- (5 /5)
- 2 Rating
- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt as needed
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon thinly chopped green chilies
- ½ cup thinly chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white flour
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- For Vegetable Yogurt:
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 small onion (thinly chopped)
- 1 small tomato (thinly chopped)
- 1 cucumber (peeled and chopped)
- 1 carrot (peeled and chopped)
- Black pepper as needed
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped mint
- Take a bowl and add the beef mince, garlic paste, ginger paste, cilantro, green chilies, coriander powder, cumin powder, black pepper, egg, allspice, onion, salt, cinnamon, red chili powder and white flour. Mix well with both hands until the beef and spices are completely mixed and smooth.
- Meanwhile, preheat your grill at high.
- Take skewers and start arranging the minced beef onto it, take a medium sized ball of beef mixture and then with the help of your hand arrange it evenly and lengthwise onto the skewer as kebabs.
- Now start placing the skewers on the grill and cook for about 15 minutes, 5 to 6 minutes on each side. Repeat the same procedure with all the kebabs and take them out in a serving dish.
- Now for vegetable yogurt, take a bowl and add yogurt in it, blend well with spoon then add salt, pepper, onion, tomatoes, cucumber, carrot and cumin seeds and again mix well.
- Enjoy the hot kebabs with veggie yogurt.
- Ready in : 35 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Grilled Beef