Grilled asparagus wrapped in bacon are a real classic. The Italian salsa gives this wonderful dish a nice modern twist.
Grilled Asparagus wrapped in Bacon and Italian Salsa
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 2 Rating
- 1 pound asparagus spears
- 3 slices of bacon
- Salt as needed
- Black pepper as needed
- 1 tablespoon whisky
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cheese slices (optional)
- For Salsa:
- ½ cup Italian dressing
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped mint
- Salt as needed
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Wash the asparagus spears and dry with towel then drizzle olive oil over the asparagus and roughly mix with hands. Sprinkle salt, whisky, red chili powder and black pepper and again mix well with hands until properly coated.
- Preheat the outdoor grill at high.
- In the meanwhile make 3 equal bundles of asparagus spears and wrap each bundle in a slice of bacon.
- Place the bacon wrapped asparagus spears on to the grill, cover and cook for about 10 minutes, 5 minutes on each side or until bacon is crisp and asparagus tender to your desire.
- Take out on a serving dish and set aside.
- Now for the Italian salsa; mix together the Italian dressing, onion, tomato, parsley, garlic, salt, black pepper and cumin powder, mix well until completely incorporated and finally drizzle with fresh lime juice.
- Serve the bacon wrapped asparagus with Italian salsa and make your day brighten up.
- (You can also make it the way I sometimes make for my kids. I usually wrap the asparagus spears with a slice of cheese and then finally with a slice of bacon, the cheese should be enclosed within. That will give it a cheesy and tangy taste and even your kids will love to have it for dinner or lunch).