This great Asian recipe of grilled beef with broccoli and cashews is one of my favorite Asian dishes. It never bores and is ready in a short period of time, great for weekdays when you come from work and want to eat something healthy.
Grilled Beef with Broccoli and Cashews
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 Rating
- 1 pound beef
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 head broccoli (cut in florets)
- Salt as needed
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon smoke seasoning
- 6 to 7 mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- Black pepper as needed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 inch ginger piece (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup roasted cashews
- 2 green chilies (thinly chopped for garnishing)
- Cut the beef into rectangular pieces, of about 2 inches long and 1 inch in thickness.
- Heat oil in a grill skillet and grill the beef pieces. Season the beef with salt and black pepper and cook for about 10 minutes with occasional stirring. Take out the beef in a dish when done.
- Now heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan and add onion, sauté for 2 minutes, then add garlic paste, salt, pepper, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, vinegar, wine, smoke seasoning and sugar and cook for 1 more minute.
- Now add broccoli and mushrooms and again cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the veggies are cooked to your desire. Don’t overcook, let the color of broccoli be freshly green and still crisp (I like it this way but if you want fully cooked veggies then give it some extra time but that will ruin its nutrient factor).
- Now finally add grilled beef chunks and ginger and further cook for 2 minutes.
- Take out in a serving dish and garnish with thinly chopped green chilies and cashews.
- (You can have it as it as but the best way to enjoy this dish is to serve it with white rice).
- Ready in : 30 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Grilled Beef