This sweet and sour chicken recipe is different than any other recipe. This dish contains grilled cabbage, which has been seasoned and grilled and is a surprisingly good combination with the sweet and sour chicken, and a kind of healthy too. Just try these Grilled Cabbage with Sweet and Sour Chicken yourself.
Grilled Cabbage with Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 Rating
- 1 cabbage head (cut in 4 equal parts)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt as needed
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chicken powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- For sweet and sour chicken:
- 2 chicken boneless breast pieces (cut in small cubes)
- Salt as needed
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon smoke seasoning
- Take a cabbage head and cut into 4 equal wedges.
- Now mix together the salt, black pepper, lemon juice, chicken powder, butter, garlic powder and cumin powder in a separate bowl and whisk well until all of the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Take the cabbage wedges and apply the spice mixture on all sides of the cabbage wedge, repeat the same procedure with the rest of the 3 wedges.
- Place the cabbage wedges into a foil pieces and if there is still some marinade left, pour little amount on all of the 4 wedges. Wrap the cabbage tightly into the foil.
- In the meanwhile, preheat the outdoor grill and start grilling the cabbage. Cook for about 35 to 40 minutes or until the cabbage is fully cooked and tender. Remove from grill and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Now take chicken chunks in a bowl and add white vinegar, garlic mince, honey, paprika, soy sauce, thyme and smoke seasoning. Season with salt and white pepper and mix well until the chicken is fully coated. Set aside for half hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the marinated chicken along with the spices. Place the pan onto the outdoor grill and cover. Cook for about 15 minutes at medium high with constant checking. Cook until the chicken is golden brown take remove from grill grates and take out in a serving dish.
- Serve the grilled cabbage in foil with this delicious sweet and sour chicken and enjoy the evening.
- Ready in : 55 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Grilled Chicken