This grilled chicken salad with lemon zest and cheese is a lovely light dish which is very suitable for lunch, a light evening meal or as a side dish for an extensive dinner. Prepare this beautiful salad and be amazed by the wonderful flavors.
Grilled Chicken Salad with Lemon Zest and Cheese
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 Rating
- 3 chicken breasts (boneless)
- Salt as needed
- Black pepper as needed
- 1 green bell pepper (cut in small cubes)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut in cubes)
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped mint
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- ½ cup Italian dressing
- 1 cup water melon (seedless and cut in cubes)
- 1 cup black berries
- 2 hardboiled eggs (cut in small cubes)
- ½ cup olives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 sun dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- ¼ cup toasted cashews
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces then place in a dish and add lemon juice, salt, black pepper, honey and garlic paste, mix well, cover the dish with plastic sheet and place in a refrigerator for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat your outdoor grill.
- Discard the used marinade and grill the chicken for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is golden brown. Take out in a dish and set aside.
- Now take watermelon, spring mix salad greens, blueberries, sun dried tomatoes, Black pepper, chopped mint, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, olives and 1 tablespoon lemon juice in a dish and mix well till incorporated completely.
- Finally add Italian dressing, cashews, grilled chicken chunks and boiled eggs, roughly mix. Don’t over mix or else the egg will be crushed in the salad and the fresh look of the salad will be affected.
- Top with parmesan cheese and microwave for a minute or until the cheese melts.