A tasty little experiment that will make you addicted to this sideline dish. I am sure, most of the readers haven’t tried the eggplant grill yet but trust me, you are going to love it for the beautiful grilled looks and the delicious flavor of eggplants with chilled yogurt.
Grilled Egg Plant with Chilled Mint Yogurt
Published on May 31, 2014 | By Chef |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 Rating
- 1 ½ pound large eggplants (sliced in thin rounds)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- For Yogurt:
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- Salt as needed
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small onion (thinly chopped)
- 1 tomato (thinly chopped)
- 1 cucumber (peeled and thinly chopped)
- Apply salt on the eggplants and set aside for half hour. Rinse the eggplants with cold water and place in colander to drain out all of the water. Pat with kitchen towel if needed.
- Take a bowl and mix together the butter and garlic paste. Microwave for a minute or until the butter melts then add ginger powder, cumin powder and salt and mix well.
- Preheat your outdoor grill (you can also use grill skillet).
- Dip the eggplants one by one in the butter and garlic mixture before grilling. Grill for about 4 to 5 minutes or until the eggplants are ready to your desire. Continuously brush the butter and garlic mixture onto the eggplants to have great taste and aroma.
- Take out in a serving dish and set aside.
- In a mean while, whisk the yogurt in a separate bowl properly and add cumin seeds, dried mint, salt and black pepper, whisk again.
- Now finally add the chopped onion, tomatoes and cucumber and combine well. Place in a refrigerator if you like and then enjoy with grilled eggplants.
- Ready in : 40 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Grilled Vegetables