Here is my recipe for a perfect teenage dinner time. As Grilled Hamburger is the most liked food by the youngsters, I decided to make different varieties of hamburgers with different ingredients than usual. Here I haven’t used the regular ingredients like lettuce, tomatoes or mayonnaise. I have just used the roasted onions and mushrooms and that really tasted like Philly cheese steak. The taste was awesome and the aroma and even the look of the hamburgers were simply amazing.
Grilled Hamburger with Roasted Mushrooms and Onions
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 Rating
- For burger patties:
- 2 ground beef patties (1/2 inch in thickness)
- 2 bread buns (of your choice)
- Salt as needed
- Black pepper as needed
- 2 cheese slices
- 2 tablespoons barbeque sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- For roasted onions and mushrooms:
- 2 golden onions (thinly sliced in circular rounds)
- 7 mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons barbeque sauce
- Salt as needed
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Take a bowl and add lime juice, barbeque sauce, steak sauce, garlic paste and season with salt and black pepper, whisk well until smooth then apply on the burger patties properly until fully coated.
- Preheat the grill outdoor grill at high.
- Place the burger patties on the grill grates and grill for about 4 to 5 minutes on one side, change the side and again grill for 4 to 5 minutes or until the beef is fully cooked from inside. Remove from grill and set aside warm.
- Now for the roasted onions and mushrooms, take onions and mushrooms in a large bowl and add barbeque sauce, honey, lemon juice, paprika, salt and black pepper. Mix well with both hands until the onions and mushrooms are fully coated then place the onions and mushrooms in a large foil. Turn the sides of the foil and seal but make one prick or leave little gap at one corner for cross ventilation.
- Grill the onion and mushrooms packet at medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the onions and mushrooms are ready.
- Take out in a serving dish.
- Now place the burger buns on the grill grates for 1 minute and remove. Place the grilled burger patties and the roasted onions and mushroom on the burger buns and top with cheese slices and barbeque sauce if you like.