This wonderful tropical fish tastes best when it’s grilled. Serving grilled mahi mahi with creamy mushrooms is a surprisingly good combination. So heat up your grill and convince yourself of the great tastes this dish has to offer.
Grilled Mahi Mahi with Creamy Mushrooms and Lemon Zest
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 Rating
- 4 mahi mahi fillets
- 1 inch ginger piece (finely chopped)
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- Salt as needed
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper (can increase according to your desire)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- Olive oil as needed
- For Buttery mushrooms:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 10 mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- Salt as needed
- Black pepper as needed
- 1 tablespoon smoke seasoning
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley for garnishing
- Take mahi mahi in a dish and add lemon juice, soy sauce, ginger, garlic paste and grated lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper and mix well to coat then set in a refrigerator for an hour or 2.
- Preheat your outdoor grill at high.
- Grill the mahi mahi for about 4 to 5 minutes on each side, brush the fish with olive oil while grilling.
- In the mean while, heat butter until it melts, then add onion and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes or until translucent.
- Add garlic paste, mushrooms, cumin, soy sauce and smoke seasoning, season with salt and pepper and again cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Finally add sour cream and allow it to cook for about 3 minutes or until it begins to boil.
- Take out in a serving dish and garnish with chopped parsley. Serve with mahi mahi as a sideline.