Grilled Salmon with Broccoli, Orange Sauce and Roasted Peanuts. This is a wonderful grilled salmon recipe. The orange and roasted peanuts give this dish a nice tropical touch.
Grilled Salmon with Broccoli, Orange Sauce and Roasted Peanuts
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 Rating
- 3 salmon fillets
- 7 to 8 oranges
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon sugar or honey (I have used sugar over here but it’s up to your choice)
- Salt as needed
- Black pepper as needed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 head of broccoli (cut in florets)
- ¼ cup roasted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic mince
- Take 2 oranges and peel them off. Also remove the white skin over and cut into 2 halves. Now slice the halves into segments and make 2 small cuts on each side of the segment and slowly remove the membrane and take out the inner segment into a bowl. Repeat the same procedure with the both oranges and accumulate almost 2 cups of membrane- free segments.
- Now squeeze the juice of the rest of 6 oranges and set aside.
- Preheat the outdoor grill at high.
- Take salmon fillets into a bowl and add salt, black pepper, lemon juice, garlic mince and olive oil. Mix well to incorporate properly and set in a refrigerator for about 2 hours or more.
- In the meanwhile, take water in a pan and allow it to boil, add broccoli and cook for 2 minutes just to make it a bit tender and easy for grilling. (Usually I grill it as it is as I like it a bit crisp and fresh). Drain the water and take out the broccoli in a colander and set aside.
- Heat the orange juice in a pan for about 10 minutes at high with constant stirring until i8t is reduced, add orange peel and honey and again cook for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Grill the salmon and broccoli for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Keep on applying olive oil to have it juicy and tender.
- Take out salmon in a serving dish and top with broccoli florets. Pour the reduced orange sauce over salmon and also on the sides and finally top the dish with the preserved segment. Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and roasted peanuts and serve immediately.
- Ready in : 30 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Grilled Fish