The smooth chunks of tofu marinated in hot and spicy delicious sauce and then a slight grill gives it a mind blowing look and taste that will surely blow your mind too. The great combination of tofu with your choice of veggies will make a perfect little meal for your perfect evening snack.
Grilled Tofu Skewers with Peri Peri Dipping
Published on May 31, 2014 | By Chef |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 Rating
- 1 golden onion (cut in cubes)
- 1 green bell pepper (cut in cubes)
- 1 red bell pepper (cut in cubes)
- 1 container extra firm tofu (cut in chunks)
- 1 zucchini (unpeeled and chopped)
- 8 mushrooms
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Salt as needed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons medium peri peri sauce
- Olive oil as needed
- Take a bowl and mix together the sesame oil, sesame seeds, garlic powder, peri peri sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, salt, dried basil and combine well until its evenly mixed.
- Then add all of the chopped veggies and tofu and mix to have all the veggies completely covered with the marinade mixture. Place the marinated veggies in a refrigerator and leave for about one hour or two.
- Preheat your outdoor grill at high.
- Now take skewers and start placing the veggies onto it, place the tofu in between the vegetables and arrange the veggies properly.
- Start grilling the skewed veggies and grill for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the veggies are ready to your desire. Don’t overcook, let the veggies be crisp and fresh.
- Keep on brushing the olive oil and the remaining marinade mixture on grilling vegetables to have juicy and yummy veggies and tofu.
- Use the leftover marinade mixture as a dipping sauce and enjoy the hot grilled veggies with chilled juice.
- Ready in : 30 Minutes
- Recipe Type : Grilled Vegetables