This wonderful grilled tuna recipe is very easy to prepare and has a nice tropical touch trough the orange glaze. The garlic mayo makes this dish complete and is also very tasty with potato wedges.
Grilled Tuna Steak with Orange Glaze and Garlic Mayo
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (0 /5)
- 0 Rating
- 4 tuna steaks
- Salt as needed
- Black pepper as needed
- ½ cup orange
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ cup garlic mayonnaise (for serving)
- Take tuna a dish and add 2 tablespoons orange juice, lemon juice, garlic mince, salt, black pepper, soy sauce, sesame oil, chopped cilantro, ginger powder and cumin powder. Mix well until the tuna is fully coated, turn the side and again coat with marinated orange sauce. Cover the bowl and place in a refrigerator for an hour or 2.
- Preheat the outdoor grill at high.
- In the mean while, take the remaining orange juice in a bowl and add orange marmalade, grated orange zest, Black pepper, sesame seeds, dried basil and ginger powder and whisk well until the mixture is smooth and every ingredient is fully incorporated.
- Take out the tuna from the refrigerator and discard the marinade. Apply the oil on the grill grates. Grill the tuna for about 3 to 4 minutes then change the side and again grill for 3 to 4 minutes or until ready.
- Take out in a serving dish and top with prepared orange mixture and garnish with grated orange zest. Serve the tuna along with the garlic mayonnaise and enjoy.